Raw Finger Food – Carrot Bites
I just love my dinner salads especially since they are so easy and quick to prepare. But this day I was ready for something new, something more exciting. Well, apart from the simple fact that I ran out of leafy greens. So raw finger food it is!
The nori sheet I added even gave it some flavourful ocean vibes. In case the taste of tuna gets you excited as well, but you prefer the compassionate, vegan version of it – you should definitely check out the “Plant-Based Tuna” recipe in my ebook. Just like the following meal, it’s raw, fully vegan, low in fat and so delicious! You can download it right away.
But for now, let’s make some raw finger food with this nourishing carrot topping!
For the raw finger food topping:
– 5 carrots
– 1 cup arugula
– 1/2 red onion
– 1 cucumber
– 1/2 cucumber
– 1 nori sheet
1. Grate the carrots finely. Alternatively, you can juice them and use the pulp for the salad.
2. Cut up the arugula and onion finely. Tear the nori sheet into small pieces.
3. Mix the carrots, arugula, onion and nori together.
4. Cut the cucumber into thick slices.
For the raw vegan sauce:
– 1/2 cucumber
– 3 tbsp tahini
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 1/2 cup fresh dill
– 1-2 garlic cloves
– 1 tbsp red onion
– Dash of Himalayan salt
– Dash of black pepper
– Optional: 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1. Cut up the cucumber and put it into the blender.
2. Juice the lemon.
3. Add everything to the blender and mix well until smooth. If you don’t have chia seeds available, you can use flaxseeds instead.
4. Mix the raw vegan sauce with the carrot salad and spread it onto the cucumber slices.
5. Enjoy your finger food!
So put away the cutlery and dive right in, enjoy this raw finger food with all your senses.
Have a wonderful day, everyone!